Thursday, April 17, 2008

Maxed Out

Note: written on Tuesday...


I am so worn out, burnt out, totally fried from a marathon make up study session! I have all these diaries to do for social psychology. I have been writing all friggin day. OK, it was only 6 hours...I am already becoming a PhD lunatic, saying things like ONLY 6 hours. Sheesh.

So I decided that I cannot do everything. I am not really Supergirl, at least not in the superhero sense of the word. Once again, I did not get everything done. I had 4 days. I used 2 days to relax, as I should. Perhaps next time I can actually use part of Friday, keep Saturday for myself, and study Monday or Tuesday, not both in a row. Cramming just does not work. Ugh. I am hungry. I felt like I needed to write this, though. I want to remember what it's like. I am NOT Superwoman!

That being said, I can now officially let go of all residual guilt from not finishing a paper that I had extra time for, in order to work on other make up stuff for a different class. I can get some sleep and make a go of finishing in the morning. I can be flexible.

OK, now I can eat. I can only hope that others reading this will understand that we do not have to do everything! It is OK to do what we can and leave the rest. Life happens. Oh yea, and just because I am a psych major does not mean I have to always enjoy analyzing human behavior. Frankly, I am sick of it at the moment. I am happy to just be and let be.Love you all!

No comments: