Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Walking brings me joy

I noticed that woodpeckers live in our power poles, right near the prayer of St. Francis. I walk up and read this prayer for peace every day, now that I have discovered it has been placed in a wall near the monastery of poor clares near the Mission. I looked up to find a baby woodpecker poking its head out, while the older ones flew out. Woodpeckers are beautiful.

Today, I saw a different kind of bird pecking at its reflection in a car mirror. I think this bird believed there was another bird staring back at him, and he kept fighting it, then he'd fly away. I hope he figured out the bird who was staring at was him.

I just discovered a sticker on a pole near the Mission, at the bike lane. Here's what it says:

"You must empty a box before you fill it again."

Well said.

No comments: