Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Gratitude~What a difference a year can make

Gratitude

December 11th, 2007

I am grateful to be completely here, and fully alive. I am glad I finally woke up to reality, pain and bliss combined sometimes.

I am grateful for guidance, support, and direction, teaching to learn and learning to teach.
I am grateful for learning to love my inner child.

I am grateful for Trader Joes lava cakes with fresh raspberries. Mmm.

I am grateful for acceptance and surrender, and times when I won't, so I can see the difference.

I am grateful to let it all grow.

I am grateful to share my writing with others today.I am grateful for a sense of humor, smiles and laughter abound.

I am grateful for the wind in the trees, sunshine, the birds and the bees. And butterflies mating in front of me.

I am grateful for extraordinary adolescents being true to themselves and reminding me to always be real.

I am grateful for His Holiness the Dalai Lama for demonstrating patience, love, and compassion for all sentient beings.

I am grateful for all sentient beings, and the lessons they bring.


2006

I am so grateful that I know what I want out of a relationship, and what I do NOT want.

I am grateful that I wouldn't sleep with a man who would just go for it just because I happen to be available.I am grateful that I am worth more than a temporary fix to a permanent problem.I am grateful that another woman's embarrassing behavior with men has given me clarity.

I am grateful that I am willing to wait for who I really want to share my life with, and who really wants to share their life with me.I am grateful to realize that no matter how nice a guy may seem to be, that does not mean that he is really all that fantastic, nor does it mean that he is the man for me.

I am grateful that my honesty will eliminate anyone who does not need to be in my life. I am also grateful that whoever stays can handle my honesty.

I am grateful to be single. I am grateful that I do not want to be single, but that I am right where I am supposed to be.

I don't need to hide this anymore. I want a relationship, and I am not afraid to say it. It's just not my time, yet...apparently.

All that online "communication" we have doesn't mean crap if we don't really talk to each other. You don't all really know me.

So now you know more.

By the way, I learned all this boundary setting and ideal relationship stuff in recovery. I also learned how to be grateful, patient, loving and tolerant. At least eventually, the patience comes...

My, how I've grown. :)

No comments: