Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The Space Between



The Space Between

Each time we stop talking
the truth spills out
our silence says everything
the heart never doubts

I wish we'd stop lying
And just say what's real
that love that we're hiding
the pain we could heal

There's something missing
as years have gone by
I sense that you're dying
down deep inside

Then here comes us
between young and old
twitching with memories
from warmth to the cold

And you tell me you're great
I say that I'm fine
But really I am wondering
What will happen this time

Will we keep avoiding
what needs to be said
or continue forgetting
and deceive instead

As the silence grows deeper
I may never know
Perhaps you'll keep your distance
Maybe I'll let you go

In between all these words
is a message that's clear
truth always remembers
between love and fear

Next time I'll listen
to the space in between
subtly powerful meanings
just like my dream

[Inspired by a dream last night, followed by a conversation today, filled with empty words and important pauses]

[December 4, 2007]

No comments: