Saturday, December 22, 2007

Domesticated roosters and Compost Elimination

A couple of days ago, I walked by my favorite little blue house on Padre Street, and saw a man removing leaves from the ivy that grows out front near the sidewalk. This struck me as amusing for 2 reasons:

1) he was removing valuable compost that helps the ivy grow healthily, as if it were harmful somehow, and...
2) he was stepping all over it while doing the removal!

We smiled and nodded hello to eachother, as I resisted the urge to stop him from his duties, insisting that the leaves were meant to stay there, and why are you traumatizing these unfortunate plants?!

The next day, I changed my route only slightly, and noticed a row of lovely rose bushes in front of a huge estate like home on Garden Street. When I finished sniffing the roses, I looked up to find a rooster in the driveway. Then, I saw 2 other interesting foul, who I believe to also be roosters of a different breed. I had never seen such beautiful chickens. I should research the net to find a suitable picture, because a description by me just won't explain. They were domesticated to the point of just pecking around the open driveway and grounds, looking for a morsel or two, possibly bug hunting. I don't know anyone around downtown SB who would keep chickens in their yard. I think that's cool.

Peace to all...Enjoy the sunshine!

Michelle :)

1 comment:

butterfly said...

thank you for the lovely comments michelle. your blog is great!

~ namaste ~