Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Rainy Day Ramblings

Oh, how I love the rain!

I took my usual morning walk up to the Mission, in the not so usual pouring rain. It was glorious! I really enjoy experiencing "extreme" weather, especially here in Santa Barbara, where we rarely get any of that (hence the quotes around extreme, as this is all relative to where you live).

I saw a little girl dressed from head to toe in pink...she had galoshes, of course, and wore a raincoat with cat's ears on top. She also had the cutest pink umbrella, with a kittie tail and "meow!" emblazoned on it. She was splashing in a puddle on the side of the road. Her mother had matching umbrella and galoshes as well. Hers were white with different colored flowers. So cute.

I asked the girl if she had any kittie cats. Her mother replied that they have a dog, but they used to have a cat. I asked how it was to have the dog. She said the cat was just wonderful...better than any man. She chuckled, as did I. Then, I went on my way, wishing them well. Perhaps she is a single mom? Or is she a bit jaded? What a revealing statement, yes? She was quite pleasant to chat with, and seemed easy going. But that statement was so loaded. We often don't realize how much we tell when we speak. It felt so personal, as though she just told me what was missing in her last relationship.

That's enough outta me tonight. Gotta change it up. Maybe I'll watch the movie I began before becoming distracted by blogging. It's called "Persona"...strange Swedish film. I am not sure what I think of it yet. I currently have a facial mask drying on my face, which is appropos. It's time to wash it off, revealing the true face of Michelle. What a beautiful thing, to be real. I'll share more about this new breakthrough another time.

Good nite cyber world. :)

2 comments:

Scott said...

Little girls are not supposed to talk to strangers so strangers should not talk to little girls! : ) (Hey, that's a chiasm I just created there. Pretty nifty.) Like your new blog, Michelle. And I also love the rain!

Lew Marklin said...

A lovely tale about a lovely tail in the rain. Like pages from a novel! Santa Barbara Film Festival Rejected my Film today. I hate them and wish that they would all just die! ha ha