Saturday, December 1, 2007

Words

Words

Excess. Overindulgence. Oops, a bit extravagant.
Flowery language insults the senses. Over done.

Fragrant mists of steaming possibilities, wrapped tightly in a mockery despite consequences.

I want more of everything. Words thrill me to the point of exhaustion, creeping upon me like a stealthy earwig
Looking for a good meal on my tender thighs.

Ooh. Scandalous, these words.
Excessive, expressive, oppressive
To pressure myself into a creative melee.

Give me more.
A taste of the exclusive, like washing up on an empty beach
Expecting people to welcome me, invite me to their masked ball.

Please accept my flaws, but expect perfection.
I lost my mask. No more hiding beneath the shower of colorful verbiage.

Extremes. I go often to extremes.
Addicted to ink, I urgently compose what I can find
From the delicious assortment of phrases in my mind.

Just like a box of chocolate covered cherries
The results are the same.

Passionate displays of the mundane, ordinary world I show all of you.
Truly, I may eventually reveal the inner remains,
Of which are brilliant flames.

Rising and falling with every breath, I feel the sensation of a sneeze…
But it is quickly suppressed.
All fear subsides in time.

[Spring 2007]

No comments: